Create. Grow. Sustain.
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning
It is virtually impossible for a business to run efficiently without these systems. However, the savings potential of efficient systems management is routinely overlooked.
First Point Mechanical Services, LLC is changing that. In an age where the words “easy” and “savings” are rarely coupled, our all-in-one HVAC management programs are helping clients find new efficiencies to lower their operating costs.
Our business premise is simple: a working partnership which focuses our technical expertise and responsive service on your unique objectives- without requiring a major investment of your time or resources.
First Point Mechanical
ComEd Energy Efficiency Program Trade Ally
- Programmable Thermostat Replacement Installing a programmable thermostat gives you the ability to set a heating/cooling schedule based on actual building occupancy, rather than conditioning the air 24-7-365.
- Programmable Thermostat Modification This measure consists of finding and setting the ideal operational schedule for your HVAC system.
- Tune-Up This measure is a group of enhancements to your HVAC system that optimizes refrigerant charge, heat transfer, and blower efficiency.
- Refrigerant charge: We test your current refrigerant charge, correct issues as necessary and re-test the charge to verify the success of the repair.
- Coil cleaning: Cleaning evaporator and condenser coils ensures optimal heat tranfser, resulting in decreased run time and energy savings.
- Cogged v-belt: Cogged v-belts run with less mechanical resistance than smooth blower belts, increasing efficiency, saving energy and prolonging the life of your equipment.
- Economizer Repair If your HVAC’s economizer is not operational, we repair as necessary to restore functionality.
- Economizer Changeover Sensor Replacement If necessary, we replace the sensor that tells the economizer when to open the damper and let in fresh outside air.
- Economizer Adjustment By optimizing economizer settings, we save energy by ensuring your building is making the best use of free, fresh outdoor air, rather than relying completely on the HVAC system to cool the space mechanically.
Energy Benchmarking thru Portfolio Manager
You can’t manage what you don’t measure
Energy benchmarking is the practice of comparing energy performance of a facility to itself, its peers and/or established norms, focusing on how energy is used, where it is used and what drives energy use.
Benchmarking provides a facility with a 1-100 ENERGY STAR score to help measure energy performance of a building over time. It assesses the building’s physical assets, operations, and occupant behavior.
Why is benchmarking important?
- In commercial real estate, decreasing energy costs by 30% is equivalent to increasing net operating income by 4%.*
- Buildings with a score of 75 or higher can apply for Energy Star certification. According to the findings from a U.C. Berkeley study:
- A one-dollar per square foot savings in office building energy costs increases cash flow by $0.95 and asset value by $13 per square foot
- The effective rate (including occupancy) of ENERGY STAR certified buildings is 6.5% higher
- The transaction price of ENERGY STAR certified buildings is 12.9% higher